Caring For Your Kit Heath Jewellery
To keep your Kit Heath sterling silver looking beautiful, we recommend you care for it in the following ways:
- To bring back the sparkle to faceted gemstones, use warm soapy water and a soft brush, and rinse with clean water.
- Clean textured finishes using warm soapy water and a soft brush, and rinse in clean water.
- Textured finishes and jewellery with rose and gold plate detailing we recommend for occasional wear only.
- Sandblast finish can be cleaned with an eraser.
- We recommend when wearing silver jewellery, avoid contact with perfume, hairspray and deodorant.
- We recommend you store silver jewellery in a cool, dry place and in a sealed ziplock bag.
- Always remove jewellery before bathing or swimming.
Pearls love to be worn, we recommend you care for them in the following ways:
- The natural oils and moisture in your skin help maintain their lustre.
- Avoid contact with perfume, make-up and creams.
- Do not expose to excessive heat as this can dry out the pearls.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or with a specialist pearl cleaner only.
- Do not immerse strung pearls in water as this will discolour and damage the string and pearls.
- Restring when knotting becomes loose or when the string begins to discolour.
- Always store pearls in soft pouch and away from other items of jewellery.
Plated jewellery, such as gold and rhodium, continues looking beautiful when you:
- Clean regularly using a non-abrasive jewellery cloth. Using a specialist cloth ensures the plating stays looking fresh, longer.
- Just like sterling silver, we recommend keeping plated sterling silver away from everyday chemicals, such as perfume.